“O-X” and “O-A” visas may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand without the intention of working for a period of not exceeding 1 year for “O-A” type, and not exceeding 10 years for “O-X” type. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited for these type of visas.
“O-X” and “O-A” Long-stay Visas
A holder of an “O-X” visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 5 years each time (total 10 years) and is free to leave and re-enter at any time, while “O-A” visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 years. and if “O-A” visa holders plan to exit and re-enter Thailand they must apply at the Immigration Office for a multiple re-entry permit before departure. Both “O-X” and “O-A” visa holders are required to report to Immigration every 90 days.
The “O-X” visa is only for nationals and passports holders of 14 countries – Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Canada, and The United States, while the “O-A” visa does not have any such limitations.
The “O-X” applicant must have a bank deposit of no less than 3 million baht in Thailand or a bank deposit of no less than 1.8 million baht and an annual income of no less than 1.2 million baht. Such amount must be maintained in a bank deposit (in full) for at least one year, and maintain no less than 1.5 million baht thereafter. For “O-A”, a copy of bank statement showing a deposit of an amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.
A Mandatory Requirement
For Thailand Long-stay Visa Applicants
The new requirements, which were approved by Cabinet in April 2019 and announced by the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH), state that people applying or renewing (or rather re-applying for) a Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” and “O-X” now need to have a Thai health insurance policy for the duration of the stay, with coverage for Outpatient Treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and Inpatient Treatment of no less than 400,000 baht.
Pacific Cross Health Insurance Plans
For long-Stay Visa
We offered many different
Why should you choose Pacific Cross Plans?
- Our Company is approved by Thailand Immigration
- Applicant entry age up to 75 years
- Policy renewability to age 99 years
- Pre-existing health conditions can be considered, but must be declared
- We offers a wide range of Inpatient Benefits from 450,000 Baht to 50 Million Baht and Outpatient Benefits from 40,000 Baht upwards
- Worldwide Cover
- Affordable premiums
- Fully Staffed English and Thai speaking office Language capabilities include: German, French, Russian, Italian, Japanese
- 24/7 – 365 emergency assistance and support
- Annual limits per disability per year rather than combined
- Cashless Inpatient and Outpatient treatment for treatment in our hospital network of 360+ in Thailand alone.
- Individual cover ranging from 450,000 Baht right through to 50 Million Baht
- Full Medical Underwriting – understand your cover from the inception
- Possibility to cover pre-existing conditions subject to Underwriting approval
- Family Friendly Pricing
- No Claims Discounts of up to 20%
- Annual excess/deductible options to discount published premiums
- Medical Evacuations fully covered
Whether you require Individual, family or employer group cover. Pacific Cross has a wide variety of plans that will suit your requirements. All plans are fully compliant having been registered and approved by the Office of Insurance Commission (OIC)